What to do with the left over sloes from sloe gin

Andy Hamilton

Brewer, forager, broadcaster, spaceman occasional liar

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Paul says:

slider – do you mean 4 pints or a quart ( which is 2pints)?

2. Teresa says:

there is an even easier way of doing this! Just lay a large bar of dark chocolate on some greaseproof paper. Place in the microwave for about 10 seconds (may have to adjust time), needs to be just soft enough to push pitted sloes into. Chill then wrap, makes ideal Christmas presents

3. Laura says:

I made rocky road with mine and gave them as Xmas stocking fillers. Blooming gorgeous it was!

4. Laura says:

A new Xmas tradition 🙂 everyone put in orders for next year! ……..maybe I might get more than a bite next time!

5. Lizzie Baker says:

Don’t know if I’ve sent you this reply before, but I sometimes use them to make sloe gin jam (well jelly, because I can’t be bothered to stone the lot of them so they get cooked up and strained, then the requisite amount of sugar to juice gets added to boil up to setting point. Sloes have enough pectin to get a good set. And when I make hedgerow jelly (up to about 7 hedgerow fruits go into that depending what comes into/remains in season to get a good selection in it) I sometimes use them up in that too. Then the cooked up and strained fruits (discarded before the sugar is added) go on the compost heap to eventually feed my garden.

6. Jon Roberts says:

Sloe Gin Flapjack is a favourite in our house. Simply get your preferred flapjack recipe and add the gin infused sloes. Funnily enough they are a great with a nice chilled glass of sloe gin!