About Andy Hamilton
I’m the other Andy Hamilton a bestselling author of Booze for free and the multi award winning Brewing Britain and I’ve won a brewing award too. I’ve also been known for my wild food knowledge and have popped up on TV and radio a few times as a result. For more about my experience click here
or to contact me please email.
My career started back in February 2004 when I got my first allotment and my first computer (not including a ZX Spectrum 48k with rubber keys). I sat and taught myself how to grow veg and some basic HTML and by April I had started a website and planted my first seeds. By September I had my first harvest and the website was getting around 10,000 hits a day. The site was called Selfsufficientish.com and is now run by a group of people who loved the site so much, we gave them it!
From these beginnings we went onto write our first book, The Selfsufficientish Bible. The book reflected our lifestyles covering (amongst other things), growing your own veg, home brewing and foraging.
After publication I started writing features for magazines and although this went well, after a few years I decided that I wanted to write another book instead. I was brewing and foraging a lot at the time I set upon writing Booze for Free. My house filled with demijohns which would constantly bubble away whilst the smell of fruit, freshly picked herbs and yeast wafted through each and every room as I beavered away creating all sorts of concoctions.
Booze for Free then started to really sell really well and it was clear that some sort of follow-up could be a good option for another book. As, my favourite drink has always been a good beer and I’d been brewing from many years the logical choice was a book about beer. Over the next two years I visited brewers, grew hops, went to various home brew meets across the country and drank an excessive amount of beer. I fully immersed myself into the beer world and I consumed as much beer knowledge as actual beer over then next two years. The result was Brewing Britain – the quest for the perfect pint. A book that reflects just how paradoxically simple and complicated a pint of beer can be.
So what’s next, you may well ask. Watch this space and find out (or if I haven’t updated this page for some time then I’m sure a quick look around the blog will help you find out)!
Why the Other Andy Hamilton?
Why the other Andy Hamilton, you may well ask. Well, there are a few of us out there. There is one who play professional darts, another who writes sitcoms such as outnumbered for BBC TV and Old Harry’s Game for the Radio he also appears on Have I got News or you and countless other BBC comedy shows, There is another who plays Australian League Rugby and another very famous one who died recently and was a fine Jazz musician.
So that’s me
You might want to book me for a talk or as a guest on your show, you might want to tell me that you enjoyed my books or you might even just want to buy me a pint. If you are sure you have the right Andy Hamilton then please do email or fill in the form below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
- Andy Hamilton for Hire – Public speaking, workshops, TV, Radio and wild food & drink consultancy
- Booze for free
- Contact Andy Hamilton
- Payment Confirmation
- Payment Failed
- Wild Booze walks FAQ
- Wild booze, wild/foraged cocktails, gin safaris, gin workshops and talks
- Elderflower – Sambcus nigra
- Fermenting Everything – Andy Hamilton
- Wild Menemen – A wild take on Turkish Breakfast
- Granddad and the time of the great stress
- Edible – Japanese Knotweed & nutty knotweed nibbles (recipe)
- Forest bathing on lockdown
- Fermented blackberry leaf tea
- Foraging, survival, wild booze (infusing & brewing), beer and non-fiction writing consultancy
- Wild Cocktails, wild food foraging Bristol and Ferment, infuse and preserve – 2019
- How to make spruce tip bitters
- 2018 Gin safari, wild cocktail events & a bonus recipe
- Wild food and Drink Podcast – Beginner’s foraging special
- Wild food and drink podcast October 2017
- Ginchi – fermented edible gin flavoured vegetables
- Wild food and drink podcast September 2017
- Gin Safari with Andy Hamilton
- Wild food and Drink podcast August 2017
- Wild food and drink podcast July 2017 – Islay Special
- The wild food and drink podcast – June 2017
- How to make elderflower syrup and a chocolate elderflower cocktail
- How to make rhubarb tequila & rhubarb tequila margaritas
- Urban foraging for wild food
- The Wild Food and Drink Podcast May 2017
- Not in that glass – How to get the aesthetics right for serving drinks
- Before the fall wine
- Wild cocktails – Bristol Wheelbarrow
- How to make cheap wine taste like chateauneuf du pape
- The best tip for perfect sloe gin, elderflower liqueur & other infused drinks
- Make your own evocative Mediterranean tonic water
- How to make Hazelnut, Walnut &/or Pistachio nut Bourbon or Whisky
- Gin Safari & Wild booze Events in Bristol & Bath 2016
- How to make wild spiced mulled apple juice
- Wild Blackberry Wine
- How to make Elderflower Sherbet Lemon & Elderflower Syrup
- The Wild Martini
- Andy’s wild booze walks – Bristol and Bath
- Beer tasting
- Drink Weeds
- Golden ales from Kits
- Homemade buckfast and what were we drinking in 1895?
- Elderflower Liquor and The Elderflower Tom Collins
- How to open beer without an opener
- What is the Nitrous Oxide/C02 infuser?
- Wild booze walks 2015
- Boozy advent calendar part two, the run up to Christmas day
- Homemade boozy advent calendar part one
- Beer and beard matching – Mo-vembeer(d) – Does your beer match your beard?
- Homemade tonic water – Beta
- Making a homemade muddler, naturally. Part one
- Why I didn’t want to have a sober October and why I won’t be having a sober November
- The fine line between beer enthusiast and beer extremist
- What is Craft Beer?
- Common Homebrew mistakes and how to rectify them
- Blending beers
- How to identify Sloes to make sloe gin etc
- How to make nasturtium vodka
- Should I prick Sloes, should I pick sloes after the first frost? – How to make the perfect sloe gin
- Elderberry Black and Black
- Homemade bitter lemon and lime – a very easy recipe
- Homestart Bristol – The Charity I support and Why
- Wild Festival cocktails
- Pub Facts – Half truths from the pub
- Wild booze walks – Back by popular demand
- Cleavers Juice – A recipe from Booze for Free
- Turin Day three
- Growing hops – part two
- Turin day two – How to make pasta
- Turin day one
- Booze walks – Part of the Bristol Walking Festival
- How to grow your own hops part one
- Bristol Beer Festival 2014 a few favourite beers
- Venison in London Porter, Elderberry and Juniper Sauce
- A-Z of beer part one A to F
- How to write a letter and other downtime videos
- Hangover tea – part 12 in 12 drinks for Christmas
- Posset old fashioned Egg nog – part 10 and 11 in the 12 drinks for Christmas
- Khrenovukha – Horseradish vodka
- Mulled saison – part eight in Andy’s 12 drinks for Christmas
- Homemade Vermouth – 12 drinks for Christmas part 7
- Andy’s Sloe Christmas Cocktail – 12 drinks of Christmas part 6
- Quick and easy African Ginger beer part five in the 12 drinks for Christmas
- How to make Lumumba Cocktail
- Fruit juice wine
- Bastard Chilli Vodka
- T’ej beer (part of the 12 drinks of Christmas)
- Unethical Alcohol?
- Wild Summer flower cordial and Pine needle cordial
- Dandelion Champagne
- Cooking with Japanese Knotweed
- Made with British Hops
- Miracle hangover cures – A bitter pill to swallow
- Wild Garlic
- Independent Spirit of Bath – Off licence
- UK Homebrew Shops – Brewing Britain
- Andy Hamilton’s Courses for 2014
- Beer and babies a match made in heaven?
- Natural hangover cures
- Fungus firelighters and mushroom biros
- Rosehip, roasted sweet potato & beetroot soup and Rosehip syrup
- Vino Hedgio – Foraged Wine