Living with less a course by Andy Hamilton
Living with less
Rampant consumerism has been targeted as one of the reasons for last year’s riots, we are being sold more and more stuff we don’t need, whilst our abilities to earn money are being taken away and the cost of basic amenities is rising. Something has to change and someone has to help change it, be that change you want to see in the world and join Andy Hamilton bestselling Author of Booze for Free, co-founder of Selfsufficientish.com, occasional broadcaster and general skinflint on a truly unique course as he teaches you how to live with less.
The Living with less day course you will be taken round the streets of Bristol and shown how the other half live. We meet in a greasy spoon cafe for a 99p breakfast of burnt toast, cold bacon and overly crispy eggs followed by a ride on the top deck of a bus where we will be regaled by street music played through the modern media of a tiny mobile phone speaker before reaching our destination and workshop HQ, an authentic mobile home on bricks outside a red brick 1930’s terrace house.
The Living with less course will teach the 1% to live like the other 99%. Learn valuable life skills for the city such as how to queue at bank for the whole of your 30 minute lunch break just to be told youcan’t have an extension on your overdraft, how to talk to bailiffs, how to roll a cigarette from an ashtray, enjoying wine from a box, cooking with frozen food and living with disappointment.
There will be a countryside and pursuits element to the Living with Less course too which will cover how to walk rather than drive, the rubber dingy the new yacht, fishing in canals and which hat to wear at the betting shop.
By the end of the Living with less course you will not feel alienated from most of the world and will learn that most situations can be laughed at.
Andy, having lived on the breadline for the last 13 years is a true hands on expert in living well for less. He brews his own beer and wine, forages and grows his own food, uses cheap cuts of meat, mends his own clothing, favours a bike over a car, adopts a host of energy saving tips in the home and moved into a cheaper house to reduce his mortgage.
Taking bookings now for next April 1st(2013) to secure a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The total course cost for Living with less is £15 million and anything less will be considered a donation. For terms and conditions see small print at the bottom of the page.